When you have a pregnant wife, working full time and you decide to make dinner most guys will turn to ordering out. Why not make it, that way your wife will be impressed, you will have tried something new and it can even be something healthy and delicious. These easy mexican style stuffed peppers are just the trick.
When it come dieting and eating healthy I am like a roller coaster. One thing that I absolutely love to eat though are stuffed peppers and these ones are super simple. I love making them when I know I am in charge of dinner and I don’t have a lot of time. You can prep all the stuffing, then the second you get home, combine it all and throw it in the oven. Done!
A simple dinner for your family that you can be happy with and not feel bad if you eat more than one.
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 can dice tomatoes (drained)
- 1 package Mexican seasoning
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Turn stove to medium high heat. Cook ground turkey with Mexican seasoning.
- In large bowl, mix cooked rice, beans and tomatoes.
- Once meat is cooked, add to rice mixture.
- Take peppers and cut off the top to make it into a cup, cutting out all the seeds and insides.
- Stuff mixture into peppers. Top with cheese.
- Place stuffed peppers into oven and cook for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.