Summer is upon us, which means picnic, pool parties, barbecues and family reunions. Don’t you hate it when you have one of these events and can’t think of something to impress everyone? I’m talking food here people. Well, this bacon ranch potato salad will be the recipe everyone will be asking for this year.
I feel like summer brings on more family gatherings that I would like to normally attend, but when there is food involved I really will go to anything. We are fortunate enough to have both sides of our families living close by. But that also means a lot of family gatherings during the summer months.
My family always has a huge Fourth of July gathering for both my parents side’s of the family. We get together for a huge barbecue, bring something to share with everyone, play some games and enjoy fireworks. I honestly love getting together and enjoying food with family and friends and summertime brings all those things together for me.
So if you want to be the belle of the ball, or the pharaoh of the fourth (I just saw Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat…so I’m going off that), then you want to make this bacon ranch potato salad. It’s so easy and probably the best potato salad I’ve ever had.
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1¼ cups cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat add the potatoes and reduce the heat to medium high and boil for 12-15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a small bowl whisk together the sour cream and ranch packet until blended. In a large bowl, add potatoes, bacon, cheddar cheese and green onions. Stir in the sour cream ranch mixture until blended and coated well. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.