Summer time is in full force, which makes me try harder to eat healthier. I know I’m not perfect, that’s for sure, but I can find ways to eat better each and everyday. That being said, this bow tie chicken salad is absolutely perfect for summer. It’s light, delicious and so simple to make.
For the longest time I was on a spree of just eating salads everyday and I would always feel like I had run out of energy around 3:00 in the afternoon. I needed a little more than just lettuce and chicken. The addition of bow tie noodles does it for me.
You know this salad is made by The Modern Dad since it has the addition of bow tie noodles. You could use others, but aren’t the bow tie noodles so much more fun? My son eats so much more of this salad because of the fun shaped noodles.
The grapes don’t only add color to the mixture, but they also add a delicious sweetness. You have to get crunchy grapes though because nobody wants to bite into a soggy squishy grape. It’s not hard to find the perfect grapes this time of year and they will take this salad to the next level of deliciousness.
- 1 Rotisserie chicken (we get ours at Costco) or 2 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 3 heads of romaine lettuce
- 1 pkg bow tie pasta
- 1/2-3/4 c shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup purple grapes, whole or cut in half
- Caesar Salad dressing
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Take rotisserie chicken off the bone and shred it. Set aside and let cool.
- Cook pasta, drain and chill.
- Sprinkle pasta with some of the dressing and add parmesan cheese.
- Chop up the romaine lettuce and place into a bowl.
- When ready to serve combine lettuce, chicken, and pasta.
- Add remaining dressing and toss.