If there is one thing that I absolutely love the most for Thanksgiving, it’s pie! Apparently though, not everyone is a pie fan. Say what? How could you not love pie? I mean, I don’t judge you for it, but pie is heavenly.
Fortunately, there are plenty of other amazing desserts that are just as delicious. Plus, you can take that old holiday tradition (pumpkin pie) and give it a little twist by turning it into a streusel.
This delicious Pumpkin Streusel will make everyone thankful that they came over for the Thanksgiving dessert eating schmorgesborg. You won’t be disappointed and you will be able to do it. This is such a simple dessert, you can’t mess it up.
- 1 box yellow cake mix (set aside 1 cup mix)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 1 cup reserved cake mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 T cinnamon
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- Crust: stir together cake mix (reserving 1 cup for topping), melted butter and egg until well combined. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Filling: Whisk together pumpkin, egg, sugar, vanilla, salt and spices. Spread filling over pressed crust.
- Topping: Stir together reserved cake mix, sugar, cinnamon and old-fashioned oats. Cut in cold butter with fork or pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over filling and bake in a 325º oven for 35-40 minutes, or until topping is lightly browned (do not over bake). Serve with whipped cream.