This time of year I feel like my home always needs to have the smell of pumpkin roaming around. Whether that’s by lighting a candle or making something with pumpkin in it, it has to happen. Thankfully, these no bake pumpkin pie bars are super simple and absolutely delicious you can make them any time.
Having two kids now I realize more and more that it’s not always easy to make treats, meals or really anything anymore. I get it! You have to hold one kid because they will cry if you don’t keep them in your arms and the other one wants you to play on the floor with them. Clearly, neither of those activities make cooking or baking easy. Honestly though, I made these no bake pumpkin pie bars with the baby in one arm and my son playing right next to me on the floor in the kitchen.
So if you are needing to satisfy your pumpkin cravings this fall, try these no bake pumpkin pie bars for your family, friends or just for you when you have to get up in the middle of the night because the baby just needs to be cuddled, but not fed.
- 10 whole graham crackers
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- ⅓ Cup brown sugar
- Pumpkin Filling
- 2 Cups whole milk
- 4.6 oz package vanilla, cook-and-serve pudding (the big package)
- 1 Cup pumpkin purée
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- Dash of ground cloves (You really only need a dash. Even an ⅛ tsp is overpowering in this
- Crush the graham crackers in a food processor, blender, or plastic baggie with your hands, until you get fine crumbs.
- Add the brown sugar and melted butter to the graham cracker crumbs an mix until everything is the consistency of wet sand.
- Press the crumb mixture into your chosen dish (I use an 8×8 baking dish).
- Chill the crust while you make the pumpkin filling.
- Pumpkin Filling
- In a medium pot, over medium-high heat, bring milk just to a boil.
- Pour in the pudding mix, and stir with a whisk until the mixture thickens and begins to boil.
- Turn the heat down to low.
- Mix in the pumpkin purée until smooth.
- Mix in the cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves until they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Pour the pumpkin filling on top of the graham cracker crust. Smooth out the top by softly tapping the container, on the counter.
- Chill for 3 hours, or until the filling is firm.
- Cut into bars, and serve chilled or room temperature.
- Optional: Top with your favorite whipped topping and candied pecans.