When it comes to shoes I may have a bit of an obsession. I own over 70 pairs and for some dads that is a little extreme. Women have a tendency to own at least double that, so I don’t really see the problem here. Even though I have a lot of shoes, there are five must have shoes for every dad.
Shoes have a tendency to be the last thing a father thinks about purchasing himself. He would rather put his money into golfing, new toys or have the wife spend the money. But really, your feet are begging you for comfort and style. I am going to make life a whole lot easier for you.
Five Must Have Shoes for Dad
Here are five must have shoes for every dad that won’t break the budget. Plus, they are all classic and able to go with your entire wardrobe.
- 1901 ‘Kyle’ Longwing | $110 (at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale for $69.90) – Every guy needs a good leather dress shoe. What I love about 1901 is that they are comfortable, fashionable and totally affordable. These are great for church, work or that night out with your wife she’s been begging you for.
- 530 Athleisure X | $109.99 (on sale for $99.99) – There is something about New Balance that I just love. I love how comfortable they are, the look they have for everyday wear and that they can be for a casual look or just wearing to the gym. Really, getting a good neutral style of New Balance you can’t go wrong.
- Nike Tennis Classic Sneakers | $80.00 – You can never go wrong with a Nike sneaker. I have these and wear them all the time. They are super comfortable and go with jeans, perfect with joggers and can even be worn with a khaki pant. A classic sneaker is a staple for every guy’s wardrobe.
- Authentic Original 2-eye Boat Shoe | $95.00 (on sale for $74.95) – I have been a fan of Sperry Topsiders forever. For me they are the perfect summer shoe. They slip on easily when you need to run out the door, are waterproof for times at the beach or pool parties and if you need a simple shoe for a summer wedding you want these. I have over 15 pairs in many different colors, but a simple tan is the best place to start.
- Converse Chuck Taylor Sneaker | $49.95 – Mindy Kaling said, “I really think guys only need two pairs of shoes. a nice pair of black shoes and a pair of Chuck Taylors. The key, of course, is that you need to replace your Chuck Taylors every single year. You cannot be lax about this. Those shoes start to stink like hell. They cost $40. You can afford a new pair every year.” Now, as much as I love a nice pair of black shoes, they aren’t my top five. And she makes a great point, they only cost $40, you can afford a new pair every year.