Holidays are probably the hardest for me when it comes to being healthy and not eating all the little treats and candy we have hidden around the house. Easter is the hardest too because I love me some Cadbury Eggs, jelly beans and Reese’s eggs. But this year we decided to do Easter a little differently.
Candy doesn’t always need to be a focus for the classic Easter basket and that is why I thought I would share with you the great things that we added to Nixon’s Easter basket this year that were unconventional.
- BASKETball Hoop: Instead of giving him the normal Easter basket we decided to give him a new Little Tikes basketball hoop. The kid loves playing any sport and this basketball hoop is a great addition for our place. He is constantly trying to throw balls into anything in our home and we were done with that. We got him his own basketball hoop to perfect his talent that hopefully one day will get him into the NBA.
- Freshly Picked: Jelly beans and Peeps were always in my Easter basket adding plenty of Spring colors. Not this year. Instead we decided to add some Freshly Picked moccasins in multiple colors. Susan has really stepped up her game with the new Spring line using the best leather and being more unique and original than ever.
- BabyLit Books: Reading is the greatest thing you can do for you little ones. Helping them increase their imagination, vocabulary and creativity. BabyLit does a great job at taking classic novels and making them perfect for the little ones in your home. Their newest additions to your child’s library are Secret Garden and Don Quixote. Secret Garden introduces your child to some amazing Spring flowers and is great for your little one’s basket. Then with my wife always teaching Nixon Spanish you will love Don Quiote. Check out the entire BabyLit collection here.
- Animals in Eggs: You really can’t do Easter without having the classic plastic eggs filled with treats and prizes. Well, since we are trying to stay away from the sweets around here we decided to still fill those eggs with a “treat” that we knew our son would love. He is an animal lover and buying a simple little bag of plastic animals and placing them into plastic eggs is a great switch, but keeping the egg tradition alive and exciting.
- Pass for Knowledge: We love getting passes to different places where we can take Nixon that are not only fun, but somewhere for him to learn: the zoo, aquarium and now Discovery Gateway. This is a great place for kids under seven to learn about so much. Nixon loves playing in the water, acting like his is working in a grocery store, or even playing with the ball machine. There is so much to do there and we love how they built this place to teach kids how to play together. It’s all about interactive play and that is fantastic for our super social child.