When my friend, The Recipe Critic, called and told me that she had a recipe she wanted me to try out I knew I had to listen. I mean, with a name like The Recipe Critic you know she has to have great recipes, right? She knows that we are trying to eat healthy here and she had the perfect recipe to share: honey lime quinoa fruit salad.
Let’s be honest, being a busy dad working full time I have to have things that are easy to make and super quick. Honey lime quinoa fruit salad didn’t sound like it would be something I would like, but boy was I wrong.
I told The Recipe Critic that I was looking for something different, but healthy. I wanted to be able to mix up a few of my favorite things. Who would have thought to add quinoa to a fruit salad? Then to add fresh basil and you are golden. You honestly can’t go wrong with this recipe and all the amazing recipes done by The Recipe Critic.
What are you waiting for? Grab the ingredients and make some honey lime quinoa fruit salad today.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (I used tricolor)
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 mango, diced
- Honey Lime Glaze:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil for garnish
- Rinse and prepare the quinoa according to package.
- Let quinoa cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, strawberries, blueberries, and mango.
- To make the glaze:
- In a small bowl combine the honey and lime juice.
- Drizzle over the fruit salad and toss to coat.
- Garnish with fresh basil.