I think all the dieting that happens before summer is to get ourselves ready for things like this; mint mud pie. My wife and I are obsessed with mint chip ice cream from Red Button Vintage Creamery. Take that ice cream to the next level by making this mint mud pie and you’ve got yourself heaven on earth.
What is it about layering a chocolate graham cracker crust with mint chip ice cream, hot fudge and Cool Whip that makes me not want to stop eating? Really, who am I kidding. There is no way I could ever stop eating this. It’s just that good.
The best part, it’s super simple to make and if you need to take a fun dessert to a party this summer this is the one to take. You definitely won’t be taking any home with you, so be sure to make one for yourself and another one for the party. You will thank me later for telling you to do that ahead of time.
Honestly though, summer is flying by way too quickly. You need to treat yourself with this mint mud pie. And, if you’re in Utah, use the Red Button Vintage Creamery Mint Chip if you want the best ice cream you’ve ever tasted. You can find it in the ice cream section of your favorite Associated Foods grocery stores.
So if you thought the Frozen Huckleberry Pie was delicious, just wait until you try this. Enjoy!
- 1.75 qt Red Button Vintage Creamery Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream (softened)
- 1 package chocolate Graham Crackers
- 4 Tbls butter (melted)
- 1 cup hot fudge
- Cool Whip for top
- Place graham crackers in food processor for crust. Once they are chopped up, mix in a bowl with melted butter until completely coated.
- Put graham cracker mixture into a 9 x 9 (square pan) and press down to make crust.
- Once your ice cream has softened, pour over the crust and spread evenly. Put in freezer until hard.
- Once ice cream has hardened, remove from freezer and top with hot fudge. Put back in freezer and let harden.
- Once hardened, remove from freezer and top with Cool Whip. Put back in freezer and let harden.