There is nothing I love more than being able to head to our local farmers market every Saturday morning to purchase fresh produce. Enjoying the many aromas (minus the body odor, but it’s expected), the friendliness of all the vendors handing out samples and the farm fresh produce that is grown right here. I had to take advantage and pick up some amazing raspberries and peaches before the season is over.
I recently had a family reunion and needed to take something that would blow everyone away. My mom’s side of the family is huge and has quite the group of master chefs. I don’t think I have ever been to a reunion where we didn’t have anything left over. It’s always a shmorgasburg of different treats to taste and I wanted to be one of the best.
You really can’t go wrong with a raspberry peach torte. Now, don’t let the name scare you away, this really is a simple dessert to make. It just takes some time and delicious fresh fruits and you will be the star. Whatever event you are going to this summer, this is the dessert you’re going to want to take. Believe me, we barely were able to get it to the party before eating half of it. Whoops!
So if you are trying to impress the family or just making a snack to much on, this raspberry peach torte is the perfect dessert to take to any occasion this summer.
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbls boiling water
- 2 Tbls sugar
- 10 oz fresh raspberries (or one box of frozen)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbls cornstarch mixed with 1/2 cup water
- 5-6 large ripe peaches
- Mix together Bisquick, butter and water and spread evenly on a greased 9×13 pan.
- Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Mix raspberries and 2/3 cup water in saucepan and cook for three minutes, until raspberries are spa rated.
- Add sugar and cornstarch and water mixture and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thick.
- Peel and slice peaches and spread on baked shell.
- Spread cooled raspberry glaze over peaches, being careful not to cover edges.
- Chill and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.