Jump to recipe
Dinners around here don’t always happen the way we’d like them to. We get busy with me working, my wife teaching sewing and our son running around non-stop that we usually will just grab take out and be fine. Having easy and delicious recipes in your cupboards makes life so much easier and these baked honey lime chicken taquitos will blow your mind.
If you aren’t following my friend Alyssa, The Recipe Critic, than you are missing out. She always shares some of the best, easiest and most delicious recipes on her blog. Well, these taquitos are no exception. She had mentioned to me that her husband and family love them and to give them a try because they are so easy to make. Well, she was 100% correct.
I love making meals for my family where we all enjoy it and can sit down together to eat. It’s hard, but I know it’s worth it and great to make a habit of it now while our first child is so young. So make these baked honey lime chicken taquitos, put them on a plate in the center of your table and gather the family around to enjoy. You won’t regret one bite I promise you. Enjoy!
Baked Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I used rotisserie)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 Cup Colby Jack Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro, finely chopped
- 8-10 small flour tortillas
- Cilantro Lime Sour Cream:
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup green taco sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with foil and spraying it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, lime juice and honey. Add in the shredded chicken, colby jack cheese, and cilantro. Stir until combined well.
- Add about 3 Tablespoons of the chicken mixture about 1 inch from the edge of the flour tortilla. Roll it up and place it seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with each one and place about 1 inch apart not touching each other on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tortilla is lightly browning around the edges.
- To make the cilantro lime sour cream: Whisk together sour cream, taco sauce, lime juice and cilantro.