Can you believe that tomorrow is October already? How is it that this year has flown by already? I feel like having kids makes time go by way faster than it ever did when I was single. Makes sense though cause time flies when you’re having fun. Speaking of fun, these spooky strawberry ghosts are absolutely delicious and so easy to make for any haunted howls you’ll be going to this coming month.
I have always been nervous to make anything that was chocolate dipped because I thought it would be a complete mess and being so OCD I didn’t want to have to deal with it all. Turns out, nothing could be messier than having a toddler running around your house while you are trying to make a delicious, spooky treat for them to enjoy during such a spooky time of year.
I will say this, my son absolutely loved eating these and was actually really helpful handing me the strawberries and getting them ready to dip. Make this for a family event and if you’re not as crazy as me and care about how they look, you could even let them decorate them a little bit. Super simple and food is always way better when you make it yourself.
- 2 packages of fresh strawberries
- 1 12 oz bag of melting white chocolate (I used Ghirardelli)
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips
- 1 pack of chocolate graham crackers
- Wash strawberries, place on towel to let them dry.
- Melt white chocolate disks like the instructions say on package. Dip strawberries in chocolate making sure they are coated evenly. Place on parchment paper to dry.
- Before drying, add two mini chocolate chips at the base of the smaller end of the strawberry to be the head of the ghost. Continue process until all strawberries are done.
- Put chocolate graham crackers in food processor and crush up to make dirt for your ghosts to stand in. Then place all the ghosts in a platter to look like a collection of ghosts at a party.